What do you enjoy playing?

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
Apr 18, 2020
Cologne, Germany
My enjoyment in playing is very much the same as my taste in music in general 😁. I love metal and hard rock of all sub genres, but with a very strong focus on 80s heavy metal, thrash metal, and "hair/glam metal".

The only thing that's really important is having some kind of variety. I like juicy riffs, epic solos, acoustic ballads, I just can't put all my focus on just one of those things for too long.

I will say, that starting to play guitar gave me an appreciation for blues that I didn't have before. Now I realize, how many of the elements, that I love in music and always attributed to "rock n roll", are actually coming directly from the bluuuuues. 😁

Reactions: Ids Schiere

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Riffs. Thick, chunky riffs.

I will normally run a few exercises first to loosen up, then crank the gain and board the express to chug town.

Then I will try, sometimes successfully, to focus my attention on stuff I should be practicing.

Attachments

• 51NL7p7JdtL._SY347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51NL7p7JdtL._SY347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
My enjoyment in playing is very much the same as my taste in music in general 😁. I love metal and hard rock of all sub genres, but with a very strong focus on 80s heavy metal, thrash metal, and "hair/glam metal".

The only thing that's really important is having some kind of variety. I like juicy riffs, epic solos, acoustic ballads, I just can't put all my focus on just one of those things for too long.

I will say, that starting to play guitar gave me an appreciation for blues that I didn't have before. Now I realize, how many of the elements, that I love in music and always attributed to "rock n roll", are actually coming directly from the bluuuuues. 😁
Awesome!

Jazz, blues and classical is Definetely kind of a fundamental building block for a lot of music. Playing music (and getting older) made me more appreciative of those kind of music and even started to enjoy a lot of the stuff that's within them so I totally see where you're coming from there.

Reactions: chris_is_cool