• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What do you enjoy playing?

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
Apr 18, 2020
Cologne, Germany
My enjoyment in playing is very much the same as my taste in music in general 😁. I love metal and hard rock of all sub genres, but with a very strong focus on 80s heavy metal, thrash metal, and "hair/glam metal".

The only thing that's really important is having some kind of variety. I like juicy riffs, epic solos, acoustic ballads, I just can't put all my focus on just one of those things for too long.

I will say, that starting to play guitar gave me an appreciation for blues that I didn't have before. Now I realize, how many of the elements, that I love in music and always attributed to "rock n roll", are actually coming directly from the bluuuuues. 😁

Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Riffs. Thick, chunky riffs.

I will normally run a few exercises first to loosen up, then crank the gain and board the express to chug town.

Then I will try, sometimes successfully, to focus my attention on stuff I should be practicing.

Attachments

• 51NL7p7JdtL._SY347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51NL7p7JdtL._SY347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 111
Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
My enjoyment in playing is very much the same as my taste in music in general 😁. I love metal and hard rock of all sub genres, but with a very strong focus on 80s heavy metal, thrash metal, and "hair/glam metal".

The only thing that's really important is having some kind of variety. I like juicy riffs, epic solos, acoustic ballads, I just can't put all my focus on just one of those things for too long.

I will say, that starting to play guitar gave me an appreciation for blues that I didn't have before. Now I realize, how many of the elements, that I love in music and always attributed to "rock n roll", are actually coming directly from the bluuuuues. 😁
Awesome!

Jazz, blues and classical is Definetely kind of a fundamental building block for a lot of music. Playing music (and getting older) made me more appreciative of those kind of music and even started to enjoy a lot of the stuff that's within them so I totally see where you're coming from there.

Reactions: chris_is_cool