• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What Ed did

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    BAND I HATE: I don't actually hate any bands

BAND I THINK IS OVERRATED: Ghost and Slayer. I've seen them live at Rock in Rio and they were boring.

BAND I THINK IS UNDERAPPRECIATED: Alter Bridge (Myles Kennedy is the best singer in activity, in my humble opinion, and Mark Tremonti is amazing!)

BAND I LOVE: Avenged Sevenfold

BAND I CAN LISTEN TO OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN: Avenged Sevenfold

BAND THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH MUSIC: CPM 22 (it's a Brazilian band that used to be my jam in my teen years)

BAND THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Avenged Sevenfold

BAND THAT SURPRISED ME: Mr Bungle

GUILTY PLEASURE: Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber (I don't actually think they are guilty pleasures, 'cause I have no shame about listening to them, but many people hate them)

BAND I SHOULD HAVE SEEN BY NOW: Iron Maiden (even though I went to Rock in Rio the same day they played, I missed their show 😭)

GREAT BAND TO SEE: Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica; no doubt about it!

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    That would be a man by the name of Jim Steinman. Jim wrote all of Meat's music and lyrics. Meat's just the performer.
    The only meatloaf I know is the food 😂

I've heard about him a lot, but I never had any interest about him. Should I listen to his music?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen

I've heard about him a lot, but I never had any interest about him. Should I listen to his music?
    Paradise by the dashboard light is awesome!! An absolutely incredible rock opera. The whole Bat out Of Hell album is great tbh and there's a song called I'd do anything for love that most people know.

Reactions: redlipsofdeceit

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Band I Hate: I don’t know about hate but I thoroughly dislike Falling In Reverse.

Band I think Is Overrated: Nirvana

Band/Artist I think is under appreciated: Mew

Band I Love: Ghost

Band I Can Listen To Over and Over: The Beach Boys

Band That Made Me Fall in Love with Music: The Beatles

Band That Changed My Life: Avenged Sevenfold

Band That Surprised Me: Mr. Bungle (my fragile 13 year old mind wasn’t ready.. thanks Jimmy and Syn 😂😭)

Guilty Pleasure: I ain’t guilty about shit, but people like to get in the LOLs when they realize how much I listen to She & Him. Zooey Deschanel is also my forever celeb crush soooo 😅

Band that I Should Have Seen By Now: Dir En Grey

Great Band to See Live: Twin Temple

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

Bat Out of Hell is a coming of age tale that came out in the 70s. It's fantastic and has some universal themes, but can also be a little dated. Paradise By the Dashboard Light is brilliant, and ALPOH takes some cues from it. The whole album is outstanding if you love 70s rock. It has sold over 43 million verified copies.

Bat Out of Hell 2: Back into Hell is from the early 90s. It's certainly not AS classic as the original, but there's a lot of strong material there. I believe it sold somewhere between 10 and 15 million copies.

So yeah, a bit of a big deal. Worth trying, for sure.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Band I Hate: hate is a strong word....but I highly dislike Coldplay

Band I think Is Overrated: U2

Band/Artist I think is under appreciated: Blue Oyster Cult

Band I Love: too many to name

Band I Can Listen To Over and Over: again, too many, but the few that come to mind are Metallica, Linkin Park (specifically Hybrid Theory), and of course A7X

Band That Made Me Fall in Love with Music: Guns N Roses (specifically November Rain)

Band That Changed My Life: Seether

Band That Surprised Me: Nevermore

Guilty Pleasure: Britney Spears and BSB :) I secretly listen to both to this day (also if you don't know what BSB stands for then I'm officially old af)

Band that I Should Have Seen By Now: Linkin Park, but sadly Chester is gone, so I'll never see them.

Great Band to See Live: Ghost

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Guilty Pleasure: Britney Spears and BSB :) I secretly listen to both to this day (also if you don't know what BSB stands for then I'm officially old af)
    I Want It That Way is one of the best songs ever recorded and no one can change my mind! 😅 Side note: if you haven't watched the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cold open with this song, I highly recommend you do it!

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Band/Artist I think is under appreciated: Blue Oyster Cult
    Opened for them in the 90s. Was one of my biggest gigs ever. We never met them. Their roadies planted their gear in the middle of the stage before our set, and we were told, in no uncertain terms, that if ANY of it was so much as TOUCHED, our power would be cut and we'd be DONE. The keyboard setup was practically right in the middle of the stage. Made for a terrible gig where we couldn't move or do ANYTHING. We decided that night that BOC did NOT in fact stand for Blue Oyster Cult, but instead it stood for Bitter Old Cocksuckers.

Buck Dharma's a badass guitar player though.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I Want It That Way is one of the best songs ever recorded and no one can change my mind! 😅 Side note: if you haven't watched the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cold open with this song, I highly recommend you do it!
    Oh yes !!! I want it that way is a pure masterpiece !!! My personal favorite is “the call” 😅
    You can’t NOT dance when that song is playing. *insert girlish scream here*

• Haha

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Opened for them in the 90s. Was one of my biggest gigs ever. We never met them. Their roadies planted their gear in the middle of the stage before our set, and we were told, in no uncertain terms, that if ANY of it was so much as TOUCHED, our power would be cut and we'd be DONE. The keyboard setup was practically right in the middle of the stage. Made for a terrible gig where we couldn't move or do ANYTHING. We decided that night that BOC did NOT in fact stand for Blue Oyster Cult, but instead it stood for Bitter Old Cocksuckers.

Holy hell ! Why do you always have the coolest stories Ed?!?! 😱

“bitter old cocksuckers” is pretty damn hilarious though lol

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    To be honest, it is a really really great song. I did a cover of it last year. Unfortunately, it will never be shared publicly. But it exists!

• Angry

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State

In Lemmy Kilmister's biography he made a similar statement. Either in the later days of Hawkwind or the early days of Motorhead they ended up opening for BOC. Lemmy was a fan at the time but after being given an extremely narrow window to setup, basically being told not to talk to or look at the members, and if I remember right the bands audio was cut due to BOC thinking that they had played long enough. I'll have to go back and find that section again but I remember that Lemmy and crew gave BOC a healthy serving of karma many years later when BOC opened for Motorhead. Lemmy had his manager give the bands crew the wrong time to get there to setup so they didn't get half the time they needed, Motorhead known for being loud as hell had most of their PA/amps/cabs setup already so BOC had less space to work with, and I think BOC got cut off early too. Seems like they've been bitter old cocksuckers before they even got old.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    A lot of hate for the crue in here. Question for you though. Are you listening to Vince Neil motley crue.. or non Vince Neil crue? Or the drug addicted crue (pre Dr feel good) or sober crue (Dr feel good the entire band got sober for 2 albums before Vince left/quit).

I won't state my opinion in mick as a player but he's not formally fought so you'll never find much theory stuff in his playing thatd match up 100%. They are a love hate band but im just curious to what everyone says is so over rated.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    A lot of hate for the crue in here. Question for you though. Are you listening to Vince Neil motley crue.. or non Vince Neil crue? Or the drug addicted crue (pre Dr feel good) or sober crue (Dr feel good the entire band got sober for 2 albums before Vince left/quit).

I won't state my opinion in mick as a player but he's not formally fought so you'll never find much theory stuff in his playing thatd match up 100%. They are a love hate band but im just curious to what everyone says is so over rated.
    I just know their best off, Dr Feel-good and shout at the devil. Most of the songs just don't click with me that's it 💁