• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What is your "Everest"?

DjangoX

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend+
Mar 30, 2020
United Kingdom
I've been thinking a lot lately about guitar goals, and what I aim to be able to play in a certain amount of time (SMART targets if you will) and it got me thinking!

What is your "Mount Everest" in guitar playing? Could be a technique, could be a solo, could be a full song, but I'm interested to know what you consider currently an unreachable peak that you would love to climb one day.

For example, if I could ever play Minor Swing by Django Reinhardt (even with all my fingers!!!🤯) then I could happily say I've reached my peak in playing.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I'd like to be able to play a full song with the solo and without needing to sight read a tab.
    Write a (fast) solo, for some reason to me stuff I play doesn't seem like one.
    Figure out chords to songs in the right key faster and with ease to feel more confidant jamming.
    The last one I like to think of chords like macro versions of solos.

Had a hard time thinking about this and could probably do better with more effort

Last edited:

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I got several mount everests....
    One of which I am climbing right now. A solo that I fell in love with years ago.

Planets solo.. which I burned out on..cause I cannot sweep to save my life.

But the biggest mountain I am climbing...hearing better... identifying intervals. Transcribing..thats super hard for me.

Oh and PGs blues masterclass

Flower Hands

Garage band Groupie
    Sep 15, 2021
    BRA
    Too many, I stopped playing for awhile again :(

I was listening to that band called The Guns and Roses, actually my neighbor was, full volume, and the guitar is really obvious and loud such that any mistake would be pretty noticeable... so... you gotta actually know how to play guitar and not just do noises in the background :mad:
    So thats my next everests:
    1. technique
    2. phrasing at speed. three note repetitive licks aint phrasing :cry:
    3. Play along a bunch of albums, I stopped listening to anything new long ago, just, play along on the fly (needs better ear)
    4. and the hardest would be learning Joni Mitchell - All I want, she's not bad at guitar, no no, better than Joe Petrucci

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alicia Willis