• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What makes this song great? System of a Down

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I love everything about SOAD. It's the first metal band that I've listened to, and their sound is so unique! I love Serj's voice. He can go from soothing to powerful, and then back, like it's the easiest thing. John Dolmayan is a beast, and his groove is something that a lot of drummers aren't able to achieve.
    Rick's analysis are always on point; I really loved the part where he isolated the vocals with the piano and strings!

• Love
    Reactions: AGA and Batbia
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    I love everything about SOAD. It's the first metal band that I've listened to, and their sound is so unique! I love Serj's voice. He can go from soothing to powerful, and then back, like it's the easiest thing. John Dolmayan is a beast, and his groove is something that a lot of drummers aren't able to achieve.
    Rick's analysis are always on point; I really loved the part where he isolated the vocals with the piano and strings!
    I agree with everything you said!

😍

• Love
    Reactions: redlipsofdeceit

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It's a great song, I thought one part was played with only pull-offs. Saw a tab before and my fingers weren't strong enough to play it.
    I saw one of the Metallica "What Makes this Song Great?" videos. It's how I heard Cliff Burton's Bass playing, he talked about the bass not following the guitars or something. I thought it was interesting. Been listening to disco music lately o_O