• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What songs/artist did you look into playing expecting it to be impossible/hard, yet turned out easy?

The Raven

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Odd phrasing so I'll explain more here.
What band/song did you go into expecting it to be impossibly hard and above your skillset just to be surprised that it's something you were able to play?

For me, it turned out to be a lot of Sammy Hagar. I love Sammy and went into some of his songs expecting it to be impossible and yet I was able to get most of them down within a week. So far my favorite is "Heavy Metal"

Also on this topic, I want to know the opposite, what song did you go into thinking "This will be easy" just to learn it's way above your skillset?

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    I wouldnt say easy but So Cold from Breaking Benjamin was one of those songs I always wanted to play and managed to do.
    Easy songs that turn out hard I think most of the songs I try to learn :ROFLMAO: Now in a serious note I think I know my "skillset" so normally I try to learn songs that are not a lot above my skillset so I never fall into incredible hard songs to learn.

Synner Endless Summer Collection