• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What would your custom Shop guitar look like?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Some days ago I thought about this. What if you had a guitar build after your Specs by any custom Shop?

I personally would have the Schecter custom Shop build me another C-1 Classic like the one I have, with some modifications.
    So strat Style, neckthrough construction.
    I would want stainless Steel frets and a Pitch black Ebony Fingerboard. Still the vine of Life Inlays but with my Signature on the twelved fret.
    It would have a golden Floyd rose probably, and Syns Signature Set. Or maybe a Sustaniac in the Neck.
    Color wise it would be a highly figured top Like on mine but with a purple fade. Almost pinkish (maybe?) in the middle but quickly Fading to a very dark purple.

And while y'all can tell me how your dream guitar would look like, @Ed Seith will probably tell us how his next custom made guitar WILL look like 🤣

Last edited:

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    GOOOOOOOD TOPIC MY MAN!

In my case I fell in love with this Schecter E1 special in this purple bust.

Since I am a lefty, the chances that I'will ever get my hands on this one are really slim (they are discontinued for leftys).

Now what would I do to this gorgeous beast:

-Sustaniac on the neck
    -Syn pickup in Gold on the bridge
    -Gold Hardware
    -Gold Flod Rose (their highest level of floyd)
    -24 stainless steel frets
    -Probably also a pretty dark ebony fretboard
    -As for inlays the Vine of life would be amazing.

This would be my dream guitar right now (and I just got a new guitar....will this ever end?)

Attachments

• 1622551379505.png
      1622551379505.png
      22.2 KB · Views: 145

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    GOOOOOOOD TOPIC MY MAN!

Since I am a lefty, the chances that I'will ever get my hands on this one are really slim (they are discontinued for leftys).

-Sustaniac on the neck
    -Gold Hardware

This would be my dream guitar right now (and I just got a new guitar....will this ever end?)
    Love it! My purple would probably be darker but even this Stock Model is sexy af!

• Love
    Reactions: Christian Schulze

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    GOOOOOOOD TOPIC MY MAN!

-Sustaniac on the neck
    -Gold Hardware

Yeah that purple E1 is a really nice guitar....

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Some days ago I thought about this. What if you had a guitar build after your Specs by any custom Shop?

I personally would have the Schecter custom Shop build me another C-1 Classic like the one I have, with some modifications.
    So strat Style, neckthrough construction.
    I would want stainless Steel frets and a Pitch black Ebony Fingerboard. Still the vine of Life Inlays but with my Signature on the twelved fret.
    It would have a golden Floyd rose probably, and Syns Signature Set. Or maybe a Sustaniac in the Neck.
    Color wise it would be a highly figured top Like on mine but with a purple fade. Almost pinkish (maybe?) in the middle but quickly Fading to a very dark purple.

And while y'all can tell me how your dream guitar would look like, @Ed Seith will probably tell us how his next custom made guitar WILL look like 🤣

So, yeah, I guess. I have had one built by Kiesel, and I will get another that will be my very last for some time. Ideal:

Mahogany back, flamed maple top. Super-strat style body (Theos or Aries, most likely), possibly chambered as long as it doesn't bring about neck dive (research required).
    Finish will be a custom light to medium purple with pink and light blue undertones that will catch in the light.

25" scale roasted maple neck with a flamed maple fretboard. Diamond-shaped abalone inlays, luminlays, stainless medium-jumbo frets. Neck-thru preferred, bolt-on if necessary (Kiesel build limitations).

Pickups undecided as yet. I don't think I'd do the Fluence again, nor the Syn set (both are outstanding and I love them, but neither is my ideal set).

Bridge undecided, but possibly a Floyd. Probably a Floyd. Gold hardware, locking tuners. Six-on-top headstock.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    So, yeah, I guess. I have had one built by Kiesel, and I will get another that will be my very last for some time. Ideal:

Mahogany back, flamed maple top. Super-strat style body (Theos or Aries, most likely), possibly chambered as long as it doesn't bring about neck dive (research required).
    Finish will be a custom light to medium purple with pink and light blue undertones that will catch in the light.

25" scale roasted maple neck with a flamed maple fretboard. Diamond-shaped abalone inlays, luminlays, stainless medium-jumbo frets. Neck-thru preferred, bolt-on if necessary (Kiesel build limitations).

Pickups undecided as yet. I don't think I'd do the Fluence again, nor the Syn set (both are outstanding and I love them, but neither is my ideal set).

Bridge undecided, but possibly a Floyd. Probably a Floyd. Gold hardware, locking tuners. Six-on-top headstock.
    Hell yeah, purple crew!
    Sounds lovely, although I am not a huge fan of the body shapes.
    Makes me wondering, what are some of your favorite pickups besides Fishman / Syn?

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Hell yeah, purple crew!
    Sounds lovely, although I am not a huge fan of the body shapes.
    Makes me wondering, what are some of your favorite pickups besides Fishman / Syn?
    I think the PRS 85/15 set might be my overall favorite ever, but I don't think you can just buy them and put them into anything, so I'd have to research what comes close.

Also, I think pickups are probably the smallest overall effect on tone, so it may just be that I've tuned my tone in the AxeFX to the PRS with the 85/15s, and everything else is just +/- from that, which is fine. The Syns are a bit bass-heavy, so if I tuned my overall amp tone to the guitar with those, everything else would sound thin. By tone-building from a well-balanced set, the +/- of everything else can still be appealing, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    GOOOOOOOD TOPIC MY MAN!

-Sustaniac on the neck
    -Gold Hardware

So, I have this exact Schecter E1 FRS in the trans purple burst with Apocalypse bridge pickup and Sustainiac in the neck. I really wanted to love it, but honestly, it's my least favorite guitar that I have. It is so neck heavy that you have to kind of hold it up while playing, which makes it harder to play and not very fun. I'm not sure why it's so neck heavy - it doesn't seem like it should be with the huge Explorer body and the super thin neck - but it is. Also, playing on the Explorer shape is just harder for me for some reason. This guitar just doesn't work well for me. It's absolutely stunning to look at with the flame top, translucent purple burst, carbon fiber binding, etc., but it's just not fun for me to play. Schecter guitars are typically great, but this one was a huge disappointment for me.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    So, I have this exact Schecter E1 FRS in the trans purple burst with Apocalypse bridge pickup and Sustainiac in the neck. I really wanted to love it, but honestly, it's my least favorite guitar that I have. It is so neck heavy that you have to kind of hold it up while playing, which makes it harder to play and not very fun. I'm not sure why it's so neck heavy - it doesn't seem like it should be with the huge Explorer body and the super thin neck - but it is. Also, playing on the Explorer shape is just harder for me for some reason. This guitar just doesn't work well for me. It's absolutely stunning to look at with the flame top, translucent purple burst, carbon fiber binding, etc., but it's just not fun for me to play. Schecter guitars are typically great, but this one was a huge disappointment for me.
    Wow...so sorry to hear this man. I would think that the body would make playing easier.

carlosmqr

Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    Black body and black hardware. Since Ive never tried a lot of guitars I would go with what I know, so a Syn Gates bridge pick up and sustainiac on the neck pickup...Floyd Rose, 24 frets... Super Strat like body, maybe something like an Ibanez RG or even the same body as the Syn sig, both really really confortable to play. No inlays needed just a black fretboard, nek through and neck with same specs as the Ibanez Wizard neck. I would be happy xD

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I think the PRS 85/15 set might be my overall favorite ever, but I don't think you can just buy them and put them into anything, so I'd have to research what comes close.

Also, I think pickups are probably the smallest overall effect on tone, so it may just be that I've tuned my tone in the AxeFX to the PRS with the 85/15s, and everything else is just +/- from that, which is fine. The Syns are a bit bass-heavy, so if I tuned my overall amp tone to the guitar with those, everything else would sound thin. By tone-building from a well-balanced set, the +/- of everything else can still be appealing, if that makes sense.
    Interesting.
    I do think that the Pickups are very important though. They can give your Tone Character. Especially the Syn Pickups. There's something Special to the Sound of the low end with distortion

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Black body and black hardware. Since Ive never tried a lot of guitars I would go with what I know, so a Syn Gates bridge pick up and sustainiac on the neck pickup...Floyd Rose, 24 frets... Super Strat like body, maybe something like an Ibanez RG or even the same body as the Syn sig, both really really confortable to play. No inlays needed just a black fretboard, nek through and neck with same specs as the Ibanez Wizard neck. I would be happy xD
    I think Ibanez had a Line that came pretty Close to this one or two years ago.
    They had a Natural Wood Body in black but the grain gave them a lot of character

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Interesting.
    I do think that the Pickups are very important though. They can give your Tone Character. Especially the Syn Pickups. There's something Special to the Sound of the low end with distortion
    Oh, I'm not saying they're not important, and the tone of the Syn pickups WILL be used on recordings I make in the future, especially rhythm tracks. That bass bump is just not something I'd want to build my tone from. They have an incredible clarity and articulation to them that I really love. In that way, they match up well with the PRS pickups and other high-end boutique pickups I've sampled.

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    GOOOOOOOD TOPIC MY MAN!

-Sustaniac on the neck
    -Gold Hardware

I've got one! It's my go to for literally anything. It's definitely my favorite out of the three that I own. I haven't noticed any issues with neck dive but I do have a leather strap that is a rougher/natural finish underneath that grips though which should help. I play it sitting down 99% of the time though due to it feeling absolutely massive to play since it's so long haha. That's the only real flaw in it for me. I've got the floyd blocked off since I like to change tunings frequently but it's incredibly stable in my experience. I just don't use a tremolo to much.
    109120530_317299722629455_4583079416234224773_n.jpg

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I'm constantly going over stuff like this haha. Currently, I'd probably pick the Schecter Reaper as my frame. Swamp Ash body with a high quality flame maple top on it. Glossy dyed/stained to a deep plum purple. Pitch black ebony board with the offset/reverse inlay. 24 XJ SS frets. The same five piece neck. Thin C shape to match my E-1. 12-16" radius. Glow in the dark side inlays or maybe get real fancy and have actual LED's for the side dots. Set neck with the ultra access heel. Standard 6 inline headstock instead of the reverse. Matching headstock woods/color. Hipshot locking tuners. Black hipshot hard tail bridge. Graphtech nut. Pickup wise I'd probably match it with my E-1 and have the apocalypse bridge with a sustainiac in the neck. Or if I got to try them out before hand maybe Mark Holcomb's signature Seymour Duncan Alpha Omega's. With push pull volume and tone knobs to be able to select the neck to be split or the bridge. From there I'm not sure what else could be done. That'd practically be my ideal guitar. Setup with 10-52 strings and it's ready to go! Ask me tomorrow and I think the only thing that would change is the body style. Going from a Reaper body to a PT maybe? As an avid Joe Duplantier fan, I'd love to get my hands on a tele. Especially one catered to my wants and desires.