• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What would your custom Shop guitar look like?

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hmm, honestly I have never really thought about it before.

A quick 'off the top of my head'.....
ESP Custom Baritone, 24 frets (stainless steel), neck through design, ebony board (no inlays), locking tuners, Evertune bridge and Fishman Moderns in the neck and bridge. As for the finish, it would be a toss for a black/red burst (like the new Josh Middleton signature) or a transparent red with black grain highlights like you see on some of the Solar guitars. Woods, topped Mahogony for the burst finish, not sure for the transparent but it would need a really nice grain.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Ooh I love this !
    Mine would be a schecter C-1, hardtail, with EMG 81/89 pickups (subject to change but I have these now and love them)
    I’ll go full girl mode and say I want something pretty damnit ! I’ve always wanted a water/mermaid themed guitar.
    So…I’d love a dark blue flame that fades into a lighter blue flame towards the top of the body. Ebony freeboard with pearloid inlays of waves with a mermaid on the 12th ! As for hardware, can I get it bedazzled please ?! Mama wants some rhinestones ! 😍

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Ooh I love this !
    Mine would be a schecter C-1, hardtail, with EMG 81/89 pickups (subject to change but I have these now and love them)
    I’ll go full girl mode and say I want something pretty damnit ! I’ve always wanted a water/mermaid themed guitar.
    So…I’d love a dark blue flame that fades into a lighter blue flame towards the top of the body. Ebony freeboard with pearloid inlays of waves with a mermaid on the 12th ! As for hardware, can I get it bedazzled please ?! Mama wants some rhinestones ! 😍
    I like the sounds of it. The bedazzled floyd rose gave me a laugh and made me curious to see if anyone's done that and posted pics. Not that I could find anyway. The closest that I could find is this burnt chrome colored floyd rose. I'm not sure how small of rhinestones you could get but if you can get some small ones you may be able to fit them on the floyd logo, in front of the bar, and on the fine tuners haha. I kind of want to see that now.
    chromeburntfloyd.jpg

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I like the sounds of it. The bedazzled floyd rose gave me a laugh and made me curious to see if anyone's done that and posted pics. Not that I could find anyway. The closest that I could find is this burnt chrome colored floyd rose. I'm not sure how small of rhinestones you could get but if you can get some small ones you may be able to fit them on the floyd logo, in front of the bar, and on the fine tuners haha. I kind of want to see that now. View attachment 1622
    Oh my god !!!! This is MAGICAL !!!!! Totally need this on my imaginary mermaid guitar one day haha.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    A model by Schecter of course, with Sustainiac pickup and a warm sweet sounding neck pickup with it (HH configuration). One volume knob with push/pull switch. 24 fret ebony fingerboard with Roman numeral inlays, C shape neck profile, satin finish and many more other things.
    Yes! I am in Love with the roman numeral inlays! Color?

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Ooh I love this !
    The custom Shop could definetly pull Off a mermaid!
    Wouldn't even wanna know the price though 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hmm, honestly I have never really thought about it before.

A quick 'off the top of my head'.....
    ESP Custom Baritone, 24 frets (stainless steel), neck through design, ebony board (no inlays), locking tuners, Evertune bridge and Fishman Moderns in the neck and bridge. As for the finish, it would be a toss for a black/red burst (like the new Josh Middleton signature) or a transparent red with black grain highlights like you see on some of the Solar guitars. Woods, topped Mahogony for the burst finish, not sure for the transparent but it would need a really nice grain.
    Sounds sick too! Would love to have an evertune / fishman combination on a guitar too!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A prs custom 24 with stainless steel frets, emg 81/60 set (i believe, I haven't tried different pickups in a while) purple quilt body, quilt maple neck and then a floyd or an evertune.

Paul is being ridiculously stubborn about stainless. He's put them on the new limited Joe Walsh model, but that's about it, and probably only because Joe called it a dealbreaker. I really wish John Mayer had done the same. To get stainless now, you're looking at Private Stock, which (I believe) start at $5,500US.

The Custom 24 is a great choice - I adore mine, though yeah - purple would be righteous!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

MjPlaysGuitar

Garage band Groupie
    Sep 4, 2020
    Paul is being ridiculously stubborn about stainless. He's put them on the new limited Joe Walsh model, but that's about it, and probably only because Joe called it a dealbreaker. I really wish John Mayer had done the same. To get stainless now, you're looking at Private Stock, which (I believe) start at $5,500US.

The Custom 24 is a great choice - I adore mine, though yeah - purple would be righteous!
    I actually did not know that Mr. Smith despises stainless steel frets, I wonder why

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Such a good question! I have no idea what specs I'd want since I don't know too much about actual guitar bodies and stuff, but I do know I'd want 24 frets, and colour-wise, an ocean blue burst or something (maybe more a cloud/smoke-style pattern? or electric stuff, who knows lol). Maybe some bullets/sniper crosshairs for inlays - and it's gotta have skulls on it somewhere LOL 🤘💀🤘

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Such a good question! I have no idea what specs I'd want since I don't know too much about actual guitar bodies and stuff, but I do know I'd want 24 frets, and colour-wise, an ocean blue burst or something (maybe more a cloud/smoke-style pattern? or electric stuff, who knows lol). Maybe some bullets/sniper crosshairs for inlays - and it's gotta have skulls on it somewhere LOL 🤘💀🤘
    I imagine a Kirk Hammett style fretboard with crosshairs getting bigger each fret and then a skull on the twelved. Would look sick for sure :skull:

• Love
    Reactions: Matt Wildcat

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Good question! If I could pick a custom model I would Pick a Satin Black Synyster Custom with/
    - Glow in the Dark acid green pinstripes
    - Synyster Gates Signature Bridge
    - Synyster Gates Invader Neck
    - Black hardware / Green Inlays
    - Floyd Rose 1000
    It's totally meant for Acid Rain live.
    Sounds lovely! Although I gotta das, the Schecter pickups simply Beat the invader imo