• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What's the quickest way to center my strings up?

BreynnMike

New Student
Apr 4, 2021
Resized_20210404_160741.jpg
Resized_20210404_160634(1).jpg

I taught my son how to restring his Squier Bullett HSS Strat today. When we were done I noticed the strings weren't centered up. I'm struggling to find an answer that makes sense to me. What am I missing? Is there a quick fix?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Put the guitar "on" like you normally would - with a strap on it, put it over your shoulder, like you're going to play it. Then put your right hand on top of the top horn (the "wing" that the strap is attached to) and your left hand around the neck at the nut/headstock. Gently pull up on the headstock while pushing down on the horn. Then set the guitar down and gently tighten the 4 screws holding the neck to the body through the neck plate with a #2 or #3 Phillips head screwdriver (whichever fits better).

The neck is bolt-on, and it's "kicked" a little. You just need to rotate it back. You will need to retune.

Reactions: Firsty Lasty