• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What’s your BIGGEST dream with music?

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Okay, so my BIGGEST (really really big 😹) dream of all is to get up on stage with my band (which includes my twin sister playing drums and doing backing vocals for me), as a respectable frontwoman, playing guitar (my own signature model! lol) and singing to thousands of fans. I want to write true masterpieces in therms of melodies and lyrics, so my music can be my legacy. It would be a dream to open concerts or even tour with some of my idols, earn millions while doing what I love and use this money to build our own charity for stray cats 🖤

I know it's too much, so keeping my feet on the ground now lol I would feel very accomplished if I could just sing or play guitar in a professional way. Have a regular job by the day, and earn some extra cash playing live on local clubs by the night or at weekends. Or even use my free time to make a channel of covers with my sister and earn something from YouTube.
    I won't rennounce having my own charity for stray cats though 🤔
    🖤🖤🖤

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    My dreams of being a rockstar are long gone. I took my shot, I have a lot of memories, and I made a lot of mistakes, but I'm pretty good with where I landed in life, and the idea of uprooting it all to go on tour and stuff is just not appealing to me anymore.

So my goals are to continue on the journey to being a better musician and human. To be that "weekend warrior" out there jamming with a band and playing occasional local gigs to appreciative crowds. Writing and recording my own stuff for my own enjoyment and reasons, and if some people enjoy it, that's awesome. If they don't, hey, that's cool too. Learn more about how music works. Maybe finally get properly synchronized alternate picking up to a usable speed and such. Learn the 3-1-3 economy picking that Syn loves to use so much, but probably not much in the way of tapping. I'm digging more into bluesier stuff than I ever have, and I want to explore that more.

I never want to be someone who "used to play guitar."

I want to be able to learn from my mistakes and help some younger folks maybe not make some of those mistakes, and perhaps even see some success. If I can actually inspire anyone, here or otherwise - hell, that's probably my biggest aspiration with music at this point.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I watched some of the Ernie Ball String Theory videos, it's very nice hearing them talk about stuff and watching them play. I'm still practicing Wonderwall, should pay off one day. Thinking about being a producer and produce myself? Learning guitar taught me so much, it was and still is hard but it's getting better. Right now I just want to settle down and party, not travel. I'm having fun doing what I'm doing now, could be better o_O

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    My dreams of being a rockstar are long gone. I took my shot, I have a lot of memories, and I made a lot of mistakes, but I'm pretty good with where I landed in life, and the idea of uprooting it all to go on tour and stuff is just not appealing to me anymore.

So my goals are to continue on the journey to being a better musician and human. To be that "weekend warrior" out there jamming with a band and playing occasional local gigs to appreciative crowds. Writing and recording my own stuff for my own enjoyment and reasons, and if some people enjoy it, that's awesome. If they don't, hey, that's cool too. Learn more about how music works. Maybe finally get properly synchronized alternate picking up to a usable speed and such. Learn the 3-1-3 economy picking that Syn loves to use so much, but probably not much in the way of tapping. I'm digging more into bluesier stuff than I ever have, and I want to explore that more.

I never want to be someone who "used to play guitar."

I want to be able to learn from my mistakes and help some younger folks maybe not make some of those mistakes, and perhaps even see some success. If I can actually inspire anyone, here or otherwise - hell, that's probably my biggest aspiration with music at this point.
    ❤️❤️❤️loved this, great Ed!!

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith