• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Which Syn Cab Packs/AXE FX 3 Amp models to use for songs Afterlife/Nightmare/Buried Alive (clean)??

Apocalyptic Katana

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
www.instagram.com
I'm looking for the amp model/cab pack for distorted guitar close to what syn uses using the axe fx iii?

I see suggestions of EVH 5153 100w RED? and not sure if it's the hellwin 4x12 cab pack?

and also what amp model/cab pack for that buried alive clean tone??

Extra: suggestions to get the intro for the stage tone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    For the heavy tone, one of the Hellwin 4x12s is your safe bet. Use your ear. I believe Syn said a LOOOOOONG time ago, when the cab packs first came out, that the Sound Kitchen cab was what he tended to use on tones like Buried Alive - the really clean or slight breakup tones.

Intro to The Stage is probably lower gain and a phaser or flanger on it. I'm not especially good at emulating tones.

Dan Milligan

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ohio
    Not sure exactly how he has his setup but how I replicated as close to his tones as I have currently got are as followed.

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet Album up to Nightmare Album Distorted tone - Amp - 5153 100W Red - Cab - Boner 4x12
    Buried Alive Clean - Amp - Texas Star Clean - Cab - 1x12 '72 Princely (I also add in a mild Delay, Chorus, And Reverb)
    Hail to the King Album Distorted tone - Amp - 5153 100W Red - Cab 4x12 Hellwin
    The Stage Album - Amp - 5153 100W Red - Cab - The Stage - For the intro on The Stage I again add in a Chorus, Delay and Reverb