• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

why am i missing lessons clips at and listed as a new student? My account is as old as the site is,

Mike-666.exe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
so i am actually not a new account. in fact i've had this account since "syngatesguitarschool" first started.
i recently got back on and wanted to get back into teaching. Looking through, im loving all of the cool newshit thats here now. but all my old content is gone??

long ago i had a response to another members question about sweep picking under one of papagates lessons. Me and this other member basically sweep the exact opposite than the lesson teaches which i was explaining is also a correct way to sweep pick, i tagged a video clip demonstrating this
and syn had a comment about my clip but its gone.

all of my other comments and responses are shown but not that one? . it was a great moment i only had record of the website.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey!

So when the site was rebranded as Synner, there sort have been a reset of the site as it migrated. I'm not fully aware of all the technical stuff but that would explain why you appear as a ''new student''

As for why some of your old posts aren't there anymore, I really am not sure. @alexj do you have any clue?

Upvote 0

Mike-666.exe

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey!

So when the site was rebranded as Synner, there sort have been a reset of the site as it migrated. I'm not fully aware of all the technical stuff but that would explain why you appear as a ''new student''

As for why some of your old posts aren't there anymore, I really am not sure. @alexj do you have any clue?
    I figured that might have been the case. i was looking forward to seeing all my old videos and interactions but everything is gone. sad. well just gotta make new ones i guess.

Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I figured that might have been the case. i was looking forward to seeing all my old videos and interactions but everything is gone. sad. well just gotta make new ones i guess.
    Sorry it happened but all said and done, I'm glad you're joining us again and I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to come next from you! :)

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

Your videos are not gone from here, because this site never hosted student videos - EVER. We can only host LINKS to your videos, so if you can find them under your account on YouTube or wherever you shared them from, they are not lost.

If I remember right, a lot of posts were lost in the transfer to the new site.

Student status - I can't remember EXACTLY what this is based on, but it's either lesson progress, contribution, or a combination of the two. How long you've been a member is not a factor.

Welcome back! Papa's lesson videos are down as we switch vendors to host them, but we will be better than ever shortly!

Upvote 0

Mike-666.exe

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    i had nearly half the lessons complete as I skipped right to syn Etudes 😅 i dont mind going through them again no biggie
    i use to go through comments and threads for any questions un-answered that i could
    i should be able to find it if the links are still here. thank you!
    Your videos are not gone from here, because this site never hosted student videos - EVER. We can only host LINKS to your videos, so if you can find them under your account on YouTube or wherever you shared them from, they are not lost.

If I remember right, a lot of posts were lost in the transfer to the new site.

Student status - I can't remember EXACTLY what this is based on, but it's either lesson progress, contribution, or a combination of the two. How long you've been a member is not a factor.

Welcome back! Papa's lesson videos are down as we switch vendors to host them, but we will be better than ever shortly!

Upvote 0