• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Will you please help me fix my amp

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay. And what happens when you turn it on. Does the display light up? Can you change presets? If you plug your guitar cord into it, does it buzz at all?

The more you say, the easier it is to help. I need you be a little more forthcoming. That or make a short video demonstration, post it to youtube, and share the link here.

Reactions: Matt Wildcat
    Upvote 0

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Adding onto Ed's questions, have you been able to rule out if it's any other equipment causing the fault? For example, cables, the actual guitar itself, etc? It might not be the case at all and could indeed be a fault with the amp, but I cannot tell you the amount of times I've used a dead cable or something similar and thought it was something to do with my amp (or other equipment). I hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

CJ Summers

New Student
    May 3, 2022
    Everything inside is working perfectly except for the speaker I think I just might have to buy a new one but I turned the volume to half but it’s still no sound. But tomorrow i will buy a speaker I will get back up with youtomorrow and after I install it.But thank you guys for your help but like I said I will get back up with you guys tomorrow

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Forgetabull

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    You have a Line 6 Spider ?

* Did you try the listening through headphone jack instead of using the speaker ? That should confirm your cable/guitar are both working.
    * If you aren't hearing anything out of your headphones, then get another cable to test with.
    * If possible, take your guitar/cable and try another amp to test they're working. If you're finding that they don't work with another amp, then you'll either have a plug or cable issue, so try switching the cable out
    * Kurt Hammet ESP Ltd has active pickups ? If so, try a new battery.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection