• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Would you welcome a music theory series?

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Hello one and all.
    I was wondering if people would find a music theory series in which we can discuss certain topics (e.g. chord formation, tempo, scales etc.) useful. I’m not really a video guy so it would be mostly written and separated into a bunch of topics.
    I am a big theory enthusiast and I find that I also like sharing what I’ve learned with others. The frequency of topics would be based on how much time I have with the added note that I’d try to make at least a topic a week.
    So, yay or nay on it?
    P.S. I also have a personal website in which I discuss music theory aspects, but I don’t feel comfortable sharing it until Syn or Papa Gates are ok with it (I don’t want people to think I’m trying to attract visits because it’s Syn’s site). I could share it in private for those who are truly interested and I’ll go public once I get the green light.

J

Jak Angelescu

I am down for anything ANYONE shares. Dan has this amazing pentatonic series he’s been working on in the forums but I hardly get a chance to read it. I’ve studied some things but luckily after this upcoming Tuesday I can finally go hard at this stuff again!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Everyone who teaches theory has different approaches. At SOME point one of them will stick with me beyond the rudiments. Some of the Papa stuff here has been HUGE for me, but I need to dig into it more. Now that I am once again “unencumbered” by having a working band, I hope to dig into it a lot more, but I’ll take it from ANYWHERE, so count me in if you start small!

Synner Endless Summer Collection