• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Wow this is the perfect Hard Rock song!!!

TreSavedge

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 25, 2019
    St Louis, MO

The Canadian trio that has Rush elements, but isn't Rush.
    I've always liked this song since I heard it as a child. But revisiting it over the years, just so much pops out to me. It has awesome melodic phrases vocally and instrumentally, vocal harmonies, a driving beat, perfect entonation, stage presence, those tasty licks (chops too). It has an intro and 1st verse that could pass for a power ballad, but the majority of the song is SUPER HEAVY. It's not too short or too long, that perfect 4 minute mark, with a good hook. Triumph has to be one of the most underrated bands of that era. Definitely in the conversation.

I also had no idea that Owen Wilson and/or Johnny Lawrence from Karate Kid had a band, but nice to see they've aged so well since the 70s&80s. Even the bass player I believe we've seen show up in a mugshot, before he went on to star as the tool man in 'Home Improvement'... Ugggghyyaaa

Last edited: