• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Year 2

Meezy Chaos

Free Bird Player
Apr 8, 2022
Cincinnati
This day last year I made a post about being here for a year and I wanted to do another one for this year. Last year I left a message for anyone new to learning to never give up but this year I've taken that message seriously. During the months I was too sick to even think about playing guitar I decided to start reading about music theory and taking notes, when I came back I realized I lost the ability to play like I used to and had to start practicing a lot more frequently. Now I am almost back to how I was before I got sick and have been writing/releasing music nonstop. To anyone out there recovering from illness or just decided to take a break from playing and want to get back to it: Don't lose hope, You got this! If you believe in yourself you can do whatever you set your mind to! 🥳

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Aug 12, 2022
I really loved this post a lot. It Resonates a lot with what a lot of people go through. The most important thing is to pick it backup no matter what, whenever that may be. I have actually taken a step back from guitar for the time being because I realized that I really wanted to focus on getting my book published and also focusing on my health and losing weight. You can only have one priority at a time, and If guitar is not on the forefront of your brain you shouldn't beat yourself up for it.
I think too many people make guitar stressful these days. We hold ourselves up to ridiculous standards and feel like if we don't play for 3 hours every day then we're not musicians or guitarists. Guitar in these Current decades has become more of a job and something you have to do instead of something that is a creative outlet that you enjoy. And I think it's best to analyze where we stand with it. Great post!

Meezy Chaos

Free Bird Player
Apr 8, 2022
Cincinnati
I really loved this post a lot. It Resonates a lot with what a lot of people go through. The most important thing is to pick it backup no matter what, whenever that may be. I have actually taken a step back from guitar for the time being because I realized that I really wanted to focus on getting my book published and also focusing on my health and losing weight. You can only have one priority at a time, and If guitar is not on the forefront of your brain you shouldn't beat yourself up for it.
I think too many people make guitar stressful these days. We hold ourselves up to ridiculous standards and feel like if we don't play for 3 hours every day then we're not musicians or guitarists. Guitar in these Current decades has become more of a job and something you have to do instead of something that is a creative outlet that you enjoy. And I think it's best to analyze where we stand with it. Great post!
I spent a lot of time watching people on tiktok/youtube shorts that were "playing guitar" along with a song and comparing how much progress I was making until I saw musicians react to some of the videos and flat out say it was fake because the person wasn't playing anything close to what the audio was playing. I feel like it's those types of tiktoks that are a big factor in the standard being set and it can make people lose motivation but at the end of the day it's just another illusion created by social media.