• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Website Sale Ideas

Luke G

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
Yesterday I found out that Synyster Gates would be selling his Synyster Customs on this website, as well as signature pickups. This is great for business as more people will buy from here rather than other retailers. I feel this isn’t enough though, as other retailers might seem more reliable than this website. Looking from the outside in, there are little advantages of buying here rather than somewhere else, even if signed apparel is included. I think Synyster should include older, discontinued models here (like the red and black one). Even if they are slightly updated, I feel this will bring more buyers to the site, especially since they would be exclusive here. What are your thoughts?

J

Jak Angelescu

Actually, I think that that this website will be MORE reliable than other retailers, as it would be Syn himself that will be in charge of quality control to some degree, I’m sure. I know that a lot of musicians get frustrated with the atmosphere and approach that places like Guitar Center have, and they’d be far more apt to buying from Synyster Gates’ website than Guitar Center. There’s a charm to the idea of buying it from the man himself instead of going through a bunch of middlemen

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I think that this website will be very reliable I terms of selling. The biggest problem with discontinued models would be that it’s hard to get by(or maybe there is only 1 in stock for Syn to sell). Basically I trust syn and PG to sell this very trustworthy.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    He is probably working on that with schecter which means that unless he sells from his own personal collection, he won’t sell any discontinued guitar as schecter simply doesnt produce them in their factory and because they are not in their catalogue at the moment. I don’t think its as easy as simply asking them to just produce 15 different models at the same time. There is a certain market and there are reason why some models get taken out that are beyond us and, I dont want to speak for him, but maybe that are beyond Syn himself. What i mean is simply that there is a lot of talking that we have no idea about and that what will be available on the webstore will be what Syn and his team was able to put on the webstore.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Also, im speaking for new product. So maybe there are chances that he could sell second hand discontinued guitar but then again, thats something that is probably very complicated in itself even more than selling brand new products.

Luke G

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    New Jersey
    Alright, but maybe I can improve my original idea based on what you guys are saying. If you are a normal person purchasing a Synyster Guitar and are not part of the website, you re most likely going to purchase it somewhere else. Also, I’m not sure if Synyster Gates is going to have coupons for his website, but if the competition utilizes that, then the consumers are going to buy somewhere else. Now addressing the custom models, maybe Schecter could make a limited amount, like about 50 or less. You can see this with other websites like Drum City Guitarland, where there were 3 Synyster prototypes and a few discontinued models left over. Even if he doesn’t sell limited edition models that were made in the past, he could definitely spice things up and add in some special, exclusive models that are in limited numbers.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    One thing I find frustrating, is I know of a site called gear orphanage they sell syn customs dead cheap because they are b stock, i would get one but the only problem is its all the way in USA and I live in UK england. With all the customs and vat and all that its basically not worth it. So if there was a way to get a b stock/ or cheaper here in the uk. That would be great.

J

Jak Angelescu

All I know is that Synyster Gates could upcharge for the signatures through the school and I’d still pay it. This school has been such a gift to me and I’d do anything for it in return.