• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Vintage News Report on Heavy Metal - 1987

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This is a fun watch. The Iron Maiden concert in New Jersey they speak of at the beginning of the segment was my very first concert. We saw them flip the car and set it on fire. It was a good gig.

I also remember a school friend in my junior year (also 1987) was killed walking home FROM CHURCH on train tracks. He didn't hear the train. All of the news reports couldn't wait to say he had been listening to Ozzy, as if that somehow meant something to them.

I also remember Dee Snider from Twisted Sister completely OWNING the conversation when he was summoned to US Congress to talk about the influence of metal on kids. They expected him to be an ignorant loudmouth.

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    I’ve been searching for a particular newscast I remember seeing as a teen that my parents literally made me sit down and watch because they were “worried” about me lol. But this was the closest I could find haha.
    Your generation had the “evil devil worshiping” metal bands, mine had….MySpace and emo lol

And I somehow had both... I remember the emo phase a lot like it was yesterday, and because people only started regular access to the Internet during that time, this was somehow merged with the devil-worshiping crap. Fun times :LOL: . Though the emo kids and the devil-worshipping kids were different breeds.

Reactions: Alicia Willis