• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Where should I sit at the A7X concert

Dylan Luna

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I am hoping some of you can help me decide where to pick my tickets when A7X comes to Phoenix at the Ak Chin Pavilion August 16th. For my birthday i got surprised with experience tickets that come with 1st 10 rows of seats or early access to the pit. It’s not a huge pit area like they had last year with Metallica at the football stadium. I just turned 12 and I’m not very big. If you went to concerts at my age would you rather be on the floor or in the first 10 rows. Thanks for the advice

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I will be at that show – very exciting for you!
    I would recommend SEATING for you, as opposed to GA/pit. Anytime I get GA/pit, I wind up having to keep my daughter (now 24) or wife (ahem, older than that) from getting accidentally slammed and knocked down. You’ll have a much more enjoyable concert experience if you feel SAFE. If you’re near a pit, you’re ALWAYS watching the pit, to make sure some 7 foot, 300 pound demon with no shirt and swastika tats doesn’t knock you on your ass.
    Get yourself some good ear plugs. Spend REAL MONEY ($20-30) on musician’s plugs – you’ll get all the music without the hearing loss of no plugs or the muffled mess of those cheap foam things.
    \m/ HAVE FUN!

J

Jak Angelescu

I will tell you this, if it’s an outdoor arena I would strongly suggest you getting seat tickets and not going to the pit. Every time I’ve seen Avenged Sevenfold in an outdoor arena somebody gets taken to the hospital. My friend was kicked in the head multiple times from crowd surfers and eventually went down with a concussion and had to be carried out. While she was in the venue’s hospital room M. Shadows had to stop the show because somebody literally got punched in the back of the head and went down to the ground again. However every time I’ve seen them at an indoor arena the crowd has been fairly mild. Especially who they are going on tour with has a tendency to bring quite the raucous crowd. But it’s totally up to you! I just prefer seats myself because if I wanna get-up-and-go check out the vendors, buy merch, or get a drink or go to the bathroom I can without losing my spot. But then at the same time if you are in the pit you have a way higher chance of getting to reach out and touch one of them! The Choice is yours, either way you will have A blast!

J

Jak Angelescu

I definitely agree with Ed. I can’t even recall how many times I was crushed to the point of suffocation in the pit at metal concerts and even just general rock concert. Unfortunately today, the pit has become a source of release for monsters that hate their life and like to take it out on those weaker than them. Worst of all is that they don’t care. There are a lot of jerks that circulate the pit and it can make it hard to have fun

Dylan Luna

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Wow….ok then. Definitely dont want to get crushed. Seats it is. Thank you for the super fast replies. We use earasers when we practice at home since our guitars have to play oi very my brothers acoustic drums. I think those should work for ear protection. I cant wait for the show!!!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

ED!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Every time I see something about Phoenix in August I think about Jeff Dunham’s puppet Walter saying “August in Phoenix Arizona. Your agent is a moron!” 😂
    I think I’ve mentioned that once before here but it’s so funny!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    @dylan, don’t get the wrong idea. MOST people in a pit are there to have a good time and blow off some steam. If you fall down, five hands will reach out to help you up, with a big smile at the other end.
    It’s that ONE GUY or so that ruins it for everyone who enjoys the mosh. Watch out for that guy; never BE that guy. 🙂