• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Any Ian Thornley fans?

Justin Mcinnis

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Ian thornley is the guitarist, singer, and main songwriter for Canadian band Big Wreck. They’ve been around for 20 years or so, and Ian’s writing and playing has gotten better and better with each ‘wreckord’. They are currently about to head out on tour, and with tickets to Moncton, Watertown NY, and Hollywood, I’ve been jamming a lot of Big Wreck lately. I’m not sure why this band hasn’t blown up, especially among us guitar nerds. The old stuff is grunge-esque but the new stuff is hard to label…just great stuff. And the tone….. Just listen for yourself.
For all you tone guys check out Ian’s stuff.. Especially the live stuff!
Check out big wreck live at the Suhr factory party 2015… I recommend albatross, blown wide open, ghosts, look what I found…and you may recognize “that song” , their late 90s single….Then check out they’re new cover of closer to the heart by Rush…..then maybe some grace street or ghosts… Have fun… Lol.. You and your guitar will be happy

Justin Mcinnis

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
One more try. Lol. Great source of guitar inspiration. I think if just one person is turned on to his playing, then I’ll be happy haha. He is in the same conversation as people like satriani, Eric Johnson, slash, lifeson…. The technical ability, tone, and smooth legato licks…just a virtuoso..unfortunately his band was really only big in Canada. Again, check out the songs above…especially live. his voice is great as well. Velvet revolver even contacted him before Scott weiland to try out with the band…

Synner Endless Summer Collection