• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

any news on when lessons videos will be functional again?

LeoNoComply

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Ireland.
as a couple of people have posted about, the tab / sheet music does not follow along with what pap gates or syn are explaining in lessons, and any threads i've found about it have been answered "will be fixed soon", but this has been said since january. Is now july, apologies for beating the dead horse but any ETA on when we can learn again?

Reactions: Aagat Dabral

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Working on the Etudes as we speak. I've recently been taught how to do SOME of the things needed to correct. The tapping Etudes are working again (literally as of yesterday). Sweep picking 7-10 are done (Sweep picking 1-6 have other issues that need to be fixed). As we get done with a lot of the etude stuff, I want to move into the other stuff, but that will only be with permission, and I don't know if that will be granted by the web team.

Some lessons (and even etudes), the original videos might be lost forever, or at least for now. We're still working through it all. Vimeo left us with a real mess. Fuck those cockwombles right in the dickhole.

But at least we're able to get going on some of it.

Upvote 0

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Working on the Etudes as we speak. I've recently been taught how to do SOME of the things needed to correct. The tapping Etudes are working again (literally as of yesterday). Sweep picking 7-10 are done (Sweep picking 1-6 have other issues that need to be fixed). As we get done with a lot of the etude stuff, I want to move into the other stuff, but that will only be with permission, and I don't know if that will be granted by the web team.

Some lessons (and even etudes), the original videos might be lost forever, or at least for now. We're still working through it all. Vimeo left us with a real mess. Fuck those cockwombles right in the dickhole.

But at least we're able to get going on some of it.
    Backups are lifesavers. You won't ever need them until one day you do. Good luck getting it all back together.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    IRL I’m im IT, so I feel that. Unfortunately, not everything was backed up because musicians aren’t as fanatical about backups. 😆
    I'm a security analyst and I constantly preach about backups. In his defense, Vimeo shouldn't have dropped the ball however they did. I'd be curious on how these videos just disappeared (if they were hosted by them).

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0