• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Best site for tabs ?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey guys !
    I was curious if anyone has any preferred sites for accurate guitar tabs ? I’m a newbie and have found a few that I like the layout of but I’m unsure of their accuracy. I’ve ran into a couple songs that have completely different tablature depending on the site I’m using. What are y’all’s favorites ?!

Billie M

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I really like this Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuouiHa8DH3cUottrI9pWw
    Personally I prefer video with tabs cause I get to see what the person’s doing. Like PG said in one of the videos, tabs don’t tell you how to play the notes, only where to put your fingers.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I use ultimate-guitar.com they all may not be 100% accurate but they’re good starting places. A lot of times if you go to YouTube type in the name of the song followed by the word lesson there’s someone teaching you how to play it

Chris Robertson

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I use a combination of ultimate-guitar.com and YouTube, too. And I’ve also found many of the contributed tabs at ultimate-guitar.com to be sometimes less than accurate (or, the song I’m searching isn’t there). If it’s a particular album I really like, I’ll splurge for the price of a songbook (especially if it was transcribed by Wolf Marshall – he did a lot of really accurate tabs for 80s rock/metal back in my younger days for guitar magazines).
    I will also say that transcribing songs on your own is a great way to develop your ear. Software available for free these days that can slow the tempo of a song while keeping the correct pitch is pretty amazing. I can’t tell you how many tapes I wore out in the 80s playing a small section, rewinding, playing, rewinding just to try and figure out a song!