• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Composing?

Tobi Schnau

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I Love all the good vids on the technical stuff. But a lot of that will come with time and a lot of practice.
What I think is the most important about playing guitar is creating exciting melodies for example the first sections of the second heartbeat solo. syn and other players (Marty Friedman John petrucci etc. ) always played unusual and creative parts that all felt musically. I would really enjoy lessons on song writing and melodie building.

Tom K

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I´ve often got melodies in my brain and then I try to figure them out on my guitar. It´s not very easy for me, because I don´t have a good ear for hearing notes. But then I often create a different riff, which sounds great too. So maybe thats a approach for you.
Another way is to play certain scales and then change the order or the legnth of notes. Add chords and technique stuff(like slide, hammer on/pull off, bending, …), can help too. For me it is useful to know in which key the song should be. Then I know, which notes I can use.
I also use sometimes a programm like GuitarPro or Tuxguitar. There you can create parts, which you can´t play right now and you have a different approach to create songs.
Learning your favourite songs can help, because you will see which elements/techniques were used.
You can also just play a little bit on your guitar and try things out.
Making a structure for the song is also important.(which part should be intro, verse, chorus, bridge, solo, etc…)
Playing more than one instruments can also be useful.
I hope it helped you a little bit. 😉

Synner Endless Summer Collection