• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Does the perfect album exist ?

Anson Isaacs

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Today I stumbled across an old "Talk is Jericho" podcast episode from 2017 with Syn and Johnny in which they were on the hunt for the "perfect album". Syn's criteria was that every song on the album MUST be an A list track.

It got me thinking, what is my perfect album and do I even have one. Syn's criteria was a bit stiff imo. For me personally, I think my perfect album would be one in which I do not skip any songs. Sure, I may like some more than others, but even a "B" level track can still appease my listening appetite when its imbedded in a slew of "A" level tracks.

The first album that immediately came to mind was the self titled Metallica album. Yes, the all mighty holy grail that is best known as THE BLACK ALBUM. :love:

I quickly realized though I had a really hard time coming up with any others and really had to think long and hard but I finally came up with a tiny personal list for myself:

Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory (ALL A TRACKS)
AFI- Sing the Sorrow
Sum 41- Does This Look Infected

(oddly enough these three were the main albums I listened to in my early teen years. There's just something about the music from that time in your life that really sticks with you)

Anywho.....

Do you guys have any albums that you consider the "perfect" album ?
A Different Kind of Truth by Van Halen is perfect in my opinion. 😉