• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Effects durinog practice

Tristan Martinek

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
For me effects can be part of the song
Listen to God Damn of A7X, Syn’s solo’s completely made by some Whammy pedal…
And like Seb said, you hear scratches and noises you don’t if you don’t play with gain 😉
For me, I try to learn songs EXACTLY how they are played first, even which pickup is used. I still struggle with switching quickly but when you do know, after you are ready for battle 😛
So if you use Wah or “live-switching” pedals in your songs, I would advise to practice with ^^

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
A nice 50/50 mix of only clean and only distortion is key for practice! A huge part of playing guitar is figuring out how to keep the unwanted noises from ringing out something that comes with good practice and a lot of time! There’s something different to take away from both a clean sound and a distorted sound I always like a little reverb no matter what channel I’m on though..I feel it really brings the tone to life in a bedroom lol