• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hey guys! Would love some advice...

Joseph Walfish

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello there peoples!
So I'm stuck with an issue here... I love practicing and playing the guitar and I can usually go on for hours everyday jamming... my problem is, that I tend to sweat alot on my palms and I end up picking up my guitar and putting in down only afew minutes later in frustration because of it... it worsens my grip with the strings, the guitar, and overall its just not fun to play with all that going on... I would love any advise that could maybe help out
Thanks and rock on 🤘🏼🤘🏼

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hello there peoples!
    So I'm stuck with an issue here... I love practicing and playing the guitar and I can usually go on for hours everyday jamming... my problem is, that I tend to sweat alot on my palms and I end up picking up my guitar and putting in down only afew minutes later in frustration because of it... it worsens my grip with the strings, the guitar, and overall its just not fun to play with all that going on... I would love any advise that could maybe help out
    Thanks and rock on 🤘🏼🤘🏼

my husband has this problem. He uses this antiperspirant hand lotion called Carpe and it works amazingly for https://www.target.com/p/carpe-antiperspirant-hand-lotion-1-35-fl-oz/-/A-76160363

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    The finish on your neck could be an issue. I've found that a bare wood or oiled neck works best for schweaty stuff. If you've only got one guitar and it has a finished neck, you can consider (I say CONSIDER because you can't undo it) taking a scotch-brite pad or 0000 Steel wool to the back of the neck to take the shine off the finish and make it better.

Again, THIS CAN'T BE UNDONE, so if you're gonna try it, be sure you want to. Think about it like a tattoo.