• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How to record drums on reaper and do I need a license to export the song

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
We are getting ready to finish up recording our first original song! My bands name is “Crimson day”, look us up on insta. Anyway my drummer uses an electronic drum set. But the problem is that drum set is in a different location from my DAW at home and I can’t move it cause it’s on a big computer not a laptop. So I was wondering if there’s a way to record the drums onto an actual laptop using a audio interface to plug into the drum set, and then save it to a file and put it on the DAW. This is our first time ever recording so I’m open to suggestions on how to record the drums. He may have an acoustic set and we could record it with actual mics idk but I would rather deal with the electronic set. Thanks everyone!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jay Ivanez

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Move the desktop to the drum kit and buy an Interface like the scarlett 2i2 or anything like that
OR
Purchase a small handy recorder like the Zoom H1 and wire the drums output into the recorder, set the levels right , use a click if necessary and just hit record . Take that track file or files and drop it into repear.
The underlying math is you actually have to make a small investment either way. Shouldn’t cost much .

Synner Endless Summer Collection