• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Mad respect to A7X regarding the Grammy's

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Just wanted to say to Synyster and all other members of A7X that I give you mad props for refusing to attend the Grammy’s this year. Refusing to televise the rock and metal award categories is not only making rock and metal outcast genres in the eyes of the mainstream, but it’s also making it even more difficult to attract undiscovered future metalheads and making it more difficult for modern metal groups to attract potential new fans. \m/

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
I think it’s unbelievable that a genre with bands that have so much imagination, hard work and dedication to put out great music is being outcasted. Not showing the rock and metal awards but still giving the award is almost saying “you’ve made your bed, now lie in it” if that makes sense. These guys and so many others have more creativity than every other mainstream genre. Rather than just rapping over a beat, or taking samples from old songs, etc., these guys along with other genres such as jazz, classical actually COMPOSE their music, rather than throwing a beat together. It’s a disgrace that a lot of musicality has been taken away from the awards.

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I visited a small guitar festival yesterday. It was more about fingerstyle and classical guitar but the musician, who organized the festival said: “There is so much essential music you can’t hear on the radio, but so much music on the radio that is not essential.”
That brings it on the point.
I’m from germany and every radio here sounds allmost exactly the same. If I listen to radio I stream mostly amarican radio channels.