• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Modern-Era Big 4?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I think it is the big 4 of trash. I am not sure A7x qualified as trachten metal (they do have some trash elements). Ifor you mean general metal yes they should but than Iron Maiden should also be in the big 4 and i dont think they are

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
I did think about that, thrash as a solid genre has mostly come and gone. The elements are still there as you said, but to be strictly tied to the thrash metal genre is unnecessary at this point I think. So pretty much just general metal

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Im not really that familiar with the New metal stuff (I listen mostly to 70s and 80s stufd) and im not very good at distinquishing between hard rock and metal but yeah here it is:alter Bridge, A7x, Volbeat and stone Sour

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
I’m gonna go ahead and say that I really don’t think Three Days Grace belong ranked with any of those others you mentioned. Children of Bodom are definitely a great choice. And so is Disturbed. But Three Days Grace, while having some great hits, are just too generic for me. The guitar just isn’t exciting enough lol