• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Neil Peart dead at 67

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This one hit me hard. Rush has existed in its same form, for all but 4 years of my life.

And they are one of the very few bands I never got to see. I had tickets. They played the Meadowlands in Jersey in maybe 1990, with Mr. Big opening. I was in a band where the male bass player was dating the female singer. The four of us went to the show. The couple started fighting. Me and the drummer went in. Saw Mr. Big, who were awesome. During the intermission, I went to go outside and see if they'd broken up our band, and try to salvage it, if I could.

I did, but the venue had a no readmission policy. I sat in the car with them for two hours while our drummer enjoyed Rush.

She was a shitty singer, and we broke up a short time later anyway, and now I will never see Rush. Fucking hell.

Synner Endless Summer Collection