• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Remy’s Workshop Guitar Build

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    For those who missed my first stream last Friday, and those who did join and hang out, here’s a little update! I’m starting this discussion to post pictures / updates of the build process as I can’t do the entire prep and paint process in one stream.
    So not a whole lot has been done since my stream, but I do have the body sanded smooth and ready for a coat of clear coat! I have a pretty good idea of what I’m doing now design wise! I was hesitant to have a wood finish under my transparent paint as the bare wooden body is very porous and would soak up the water based paint and I didn’t think it would look very nice. My work around for this is I’m going to spray multiple coats of clear coat so the wood will soak that up, and then it will harden! I’ll be able to sand it smooth then and apply the water based paint!
    For the final product, you’ll have to stay tuned and watch my next stream!
    82ACEAC3-B1A0-4283-A1EC-066D78260D99.jpeg

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Oh my god!!!! That is so awesome!!! Been a dream of mine to always build a guitar!

Can't wait to see it finished. And that Iceman shape is killer. I must always think of Paul Stanley of Kiss when I see the shape. Killer!
    Eventually I want to build one totally from scratch! This is a good way to start off with a pre built kit

• Love
    Reactions: Christian Schulze