• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Rocording interface

Greg Howard

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Poland, OH
This may be a dumb question, but I have never set anything up to record myself, sooooo. Can you plug your guitar directly into a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer/U-PHORIA-UMC404HD-Audiophile.gc) and then record onto your laptop? And if so, can you then run the signal to your amp so that you can hear while you play?

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD has 2 XLR combo jacks which means that you can plug in either the XLR cable if you want to record your amp with a microphone or you can directly plug in your guitar into the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD. If you want to record your guitar directly from the audio interface then you need a DAW (digital audio workstation). DAW is just a software in which you can record and edit your recordings. But what you also need is a software that emulates guitar pedals, amps and effects. I think that logic pro x already has all of that. Personally I used Bias FX which has almost every guitar pedal, amp and effects. And you can open Bias FX in any DAW that you want. That’s basically how you can record directly with your guitar pluged in the audio interface.