• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Slipping tuner

Andrew Chung

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I've got a Yamaha acoustic which, for the most part, is fantastic. However, I've noticed that the third string's tuner seems to slip further flat -- between a quarter-tone and a semi-tone -- and more frequently than do the other five -- they seem rather stable and I generally need very small adjustments unless the weather is weird. Is there anything I can do by myself to make the one more stable? If not, it's not too big a deal as it's not like the string is coming all the way loose -- I'm just curious.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    If it's truly slipping on the tuner, more wraps on the tuner will increase stability. The G string is notorious for presenting tuning problems across many different guitars, though. Unless the guitar has a Floyd Rose bridge and locking nut, you may benefit from some graphite or nutsauce in the string slot to keep it from catching or bunching up.

Synner Endless Summer Collection