• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

THOUGHTS ON 8 STRING

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’d love one. It’s certainly harder to play than a 6 string. Certain skills like muting become much more necessary. But as a return you get a much wider range. I’ve played the guitar in question before and it’s great. You really can’t go wrong with any Schecters over $800.

Hayley Frederick

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you!! It’s not for me , as I’m not even skilled enough to play a 6 string just yet haha , but I know someone who just started playing an 8 string and would like one of his own but I want to get a good quality one and something beautiful

Sven Barnitzki

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Germany
    I own a Ibanez Prestige 7-String (no 8, but the “problems” are the same). It´s a little bit harder to play, the Neck is a flatter and the fretboard wider, muting is harder. If you hands are small, extended range could be a problem, because of the wider Fretboard 😉 If you want to test it, go to your local guitar dealer and check out a 7string.
    Some points that are difficult to:
    – coordination around the fretboard – even one string more can be confusing
    – Simple tunings like drop d aren´t makeable
    What helped me about this (mind setting): It´s just a 6-String with some extra low range.
    I hope, that my thoughts on this may help you!