• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Which amp to buy

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    For rock/metal, I love Marshalls. The Marshall JVM Series is awesome, but expensive. The Marshall DSL Series is less expensive I think, but still sound great. The DSL series was just revamped, and I think they have some smaller combos that are maybe around $300-$500.
    For cleaner stuff, Vox ACs are great. Not so much for A7X type stuff though.

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Liberty IN
    Vox vt40+. It’s 60 watts I believe. It has 99 presets and a bunch of different settings. No joke you don’t even need a pedal with this amp it has delay, reverb, wah, and other cool settings already built in. It has great metal, rock and blues sounds as well. Very versatile amp for around 150-200 bucks I strongly suggest it.

Pedro Rocha

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Im lloking at Bugera t50 infinium its a nice cheap amp 50 watt, tube.
    I like the sound, but its not quite heavy metal and avenged sevenfoldy, do you think i could get that sound if I use a overdrive pedal or some stuff.
    The Lead sound is kinda vintage but stille I love it tho its i want to get avenged sevenfold tone to

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Depends on what you want.
    IF YOU ARE STRICTLY RECORDING FROM AMP TO PC, I suggest Line 6. The spider 5 I got this year is amazing. And it sounds just as good through headphones, and the PC speakers.
    I also have a peavey which is pretty decent, but the input for recording is very static like, it makes sense as the amps 5 years old but compared to the line 6, so much more feedback. Altho, its great for heavy feedback chugging. the line is a much cleaner.
    I think all amp companys have strengths and weaknesses. You have to find what you are wanting out of the amp, and then start looking for which companies are stronger in the areas you want. I WAS going to get a marshall, but got convinced to try the spider 5 and I’m not regretting that choice.
    Personally, Im still looking for a marshall, and a vox as well as maybe a fender too. maybe go into the store and try them out?