• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A bit of inspiration

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Failure is the greatest learning tool of them all. Don’t beat yourself up for making mistakes, embrace them. Mistakes are how we learn and improve ourselves in any aspect of life. The more difficult something is, the more rewarding it will feel to overcome it. The more difficult a song is to learn, the better it will feel when you are finally able to play it. What seperates mediocre guitarists from good or excellent guitarists is their willingness to fail, then learn from their mistakes and move forward. Don’t fear failure, embrace and learn from it. I decided to post this because I’ve been seeing as lot of comments in the forums from people who are feeling demotivated due to mistakes they are making, like I do from time to time. I hope this helped you in some way. 🙂

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Thanks a lot mate, people do need some motivational speech from time to time. It’s really easy to just start thinking about the bad shit, and all of the sudden you feel like you wanna stop playing. I’ve felt this a couple of times, but there is no turning back for me.
Even if my goals seem impossible now, I’ll make it happen someday. It’s the best to take every mistake or a failure as a learning opportunity, and that’s where my headspace is now at. Plus, seeing people on here definitely keeps me inspired.

MasonTheWZRD

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for this post. I’ve been having a hard time with the CAGED minor and its frustrating me but I remembered when I couldn’t Get the G Shape barre so I know it just takes time. Some things may be easier than others and I am slowly accepting that.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Yoda is that you?
On a more serious note you are absolutely right! If you just nail everything all the time you wont get any better so mistakes actually make you better at playing guitar and in the end everyone sucked at some point