• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A question for EVERYONE

John Tierney

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone, we have been talking about doing a collab not too long ago and I’m down for it. My thinking is that we do it on Bandhub (completely free) since I don’t know if we can do it here (offer some thought). I started a thing as is but as of right now its a blank canvas. If you agree that we should come together and do something epic for Syn and Papa Gates as well as self improvement by bouncing ideas from other players then make a bandhub account and add me (Im keeping it private so its just us) and Ill invite you to the collab. (ADD me Jtierney418)
RULES
-DO WHAT YOU CAN WHEN YOU CAN. We all have lives outside of here and it gets busy ie) getting sick, school, work etc. Add on to it when you can.
-To make it more comfortable for everyone (it can be intimidating), Ill open different projects (different styles = different tastes and one lone project would be a mess).
-Same rules as in here, BUILD UP NOT TEAR DOWN. Haven’t seen it here and I don’t plan on it. Everyone I met on here is great
LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS IDEA in the comments and we’ll take it from there 🙂

G

I think what we should do is take one of the backing beats our members have created, and just start with 5 minutes of backing and each member adds a 30-second shred/riff to it
We post it on as unlisted and slowly have people add their takes and tracks to the song until its 5 minutes long.
Then we can have it remixed and mastered and upload it. Maybe even on syns channel if he is willing.

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
Hey Richard O’Connor made a backing track a couple days ago and it sounds great! We could have that be the backing track for the first couple minutes of the video. I’ve already played stuff over it and I know others have too. We all could make different backing tracks to use in the video?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Richard O'connor

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
The only problem is once I’ve made the track. I need to know how people want in on it so I no how long to make it. Also, how do we the make all those videos into one video? Especially when people are using all sorts on different equipment to record?
It might just be easier if we record audio only. I could perhaps put the audio on Dropbox, you each download it. I’d have to assign each person and tell them at which point to come in on the recording (if this makes sense). Then maybe make a video somehow of everyone’s photo on it so they know who’s playing. I don’t think this will be as suffistocated as one of Jared dines videos lol they are YouTubers with property equipment

G

It isn’t that hard. So long as people have an external mic they can just mic up to their amp. As for the video’s once we have all the segments I can edit them. They won’t be well mixed or mic’ed up mind you but I know enough about editing to atleast pass it off as something that we put work into.

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
Like John said though, it may be easier just to do it on bandhub and edit it on there. Then we can figure out how to get everybody in the video and how to use Richards backing track. I know nothing about editing though, thats just my thought. Whatever is easiest for u guys.

John Tierney

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah we can use Richards backing track as a start I really liked it. Also to record just download the app on your phone and it picks up just fine. I do mine on an iPad and I think they turn out ok. So far it sounds like we got a decent amount of people.
However, I’m trying to figure out that if we have a bunch of people on one song then editing like 5 guitarists on one song will be challenging. Perhaps if you want to do bass or drums or something that may be an option. Or we open more projects and try that. However Richards idea may work and we all listen and pick out the spot we want so we don’t have a huge argument and go from there IDK just putting it out there. Keep the ideas coming

John Tierney

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
@richard it’s like the videos here but we are all on one screen so the only thing I’m concerned about is that I can’t edit it so not everyone is playing all at once. So I would use the Dropbox thing as well as recording yourself on Bandhub in case this pit falls (I like having safeguards in place)
If push comes to shove each person waits until their part is up and play it Bandhub said you can do as many private takes as you want.

John Tierney

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
@richard I need you to add me so I can invite you to the collab. As far as the track goes my thinking is that each of us plays 15-30 seconds on the track so everyone can participate. As of right now including Richard there are 9 of us in it right now. So we should talk about how long each us play for so Richard knows how long to make it cuz I seriously think it must be extended.