• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A returning synner..

Riku Lainpelto

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Finland
Hi,

I don’t know if any of you really remember me 😅 It definitely has been a while, 3 years to be exact. I’ve been playing but not very often as life got in the way. I started singing, usually in my car while I’m driving to work because no one can hear me then 😂

Because of the singing I was finally able to learn gunslinger and danger line solos by ear in a martter of hours! I didn’t even have the ability to play those solos couple months ago. So stoked the progress!

Now I’m stuck with the fast part of hail to the king solo. I somewhat got it but not quite there. I feel like there’s maybe something wrong with my technique. ..So I decided to ask for help and any tips from you!

Ps. This forum has changed a lot! So I apologize if I’m doing something wrong here. I feel like I don’t know how to use this forum 😅

Anyways. Here’s the link to my recording:

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey! Glad you're back. And indeed the forums have changed quite a lot and is still in the work. Just a heads up that a big concentration of the community will now be on the Avenged discord: https://discord.com/channels/864965089969569812/865003768785272852

These forums will stay up for the time being and focus mostly on lesson related topics!

Reactions: Ed Seith

bsynre

New Student
    Nov 12, 2019
    Hi,

I don’t know if any of you really remember me 😅 It definitely has been a while, 3 years to be exact. I’ve been playing but not very often as life got in the way. I started singing, usually in my car while I’m driving to work because no one can hear me then 😂

Because of the singing I was finally able to learn gunslinger and danger line solos by ear in a martter of hours! I didn’t even have the ability to play those solos couple months ago. So stoked the progress!

Now I’m stuck with the fast part of hail to the king solo. I somewhat got it but not quite there. I feel like there’s maybe something wrong with my technique. ..So I decided to ask for help and any tips from you!

Ps. This forum has changed a lot! So I apologize if I’m doing something wrong here. I feel like I don’t know how to use this forum 😅

I totally feel that....I'm just now restarting after a year off from a hand injury and then no motivation to play for the following two years. Hoping to relearn with better technique and precision this time,

Hail to the king it looks like you are trying to play it faster than you are able to at this point, creating sloppy frustrating playing. Try slowing it down and getting it 100% accurate and perfect before then slowly increasing the speed (I'm working on the same part of the solo and am probably close to 80 or 90% of the way there with pretty good accuracy, slowly but surely).

The key is consistent practice, it will all come together!

alishakihn

New Student
    Jan 31, 2024
    Hi,

It's great to hear that you've been playing guitar and making progress with your skills! Learning solos by ear is a fantastic accomplishment, and it's always exciting to see progress in your playing.

Synner Endless Summer Collection