• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Audio Interface?

Austin Goodsell

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’m looking to start recording here soon and would like to purchase an audio interface but I recently discovered that the one I was originally going to buy isn’t compatible with my computer O.S. (Linux Mint) do you guys know of a good Interface that would work in the price range of $100 – $175?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Agree on the FocusRite, though I can’t vouch for the Linux drivers. In fact, I don’t think ANYONE can really vouch for Linux drivers or app compatibility when it comes to DAWs and digital audio production. The money and dev/QA hours are put where they do the most good, and that’s Windows and OSX. Beyond that will always be a crapshoot.
    If you want to get going with audio production, you might want to consider dual booting to Windows 10 for that.
    Check out this thread, and this site – for my money doing audio on a Linux machine is pretty close to a home-grown proposition.
    https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=15810