• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

AXE FXIII vs. AXEFXII

Luke G

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
Hey guys,

I know I haven't been active for years on this site, but I was interested in purchasing an AXE-FXIII, but the wait-list has been hella long. I entered the list in March and still have no recieved the product/ or any information about the availability. I was wondering if the AXE-FX-II was any different, since I don't know the technicalities on how amp modelers work.

Thanks guys,
Luke

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Newer tech is always better tech. The later AxeFX2 models did get an earlier III firmware, but there have been probably a dozen new firmware iterations since then, each making slight improvements to the overall amp modeling. A IIXL+ is still a staggeringly good modeler. I have and enjoy mine, and will do so for quite some years before I replace it.

The III just announced their Mk2 model, and that will be shipping shortly. As far as I know, there hasn't been a waitlist for the III for like a year, but if I were you, I'd go to the site and try to just buy one straight away and see what happens. The Mk2 has a few hardware upgrades but the modeling itself will remain identical to the base III.

Dollar for dollar, though, always better to buy the most current, if you have the means.