• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Collab! NEXT STEP

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Basically, everyone uploads themselves playing over the backingtrack on YouTube and posts it in the riff section. If everyone uploaded their take(preferably best take) a poll with everyone show wants to play lead will be uploaded and the 12 people with the most votes kinda 'win'

That was the general idea, right @Aileé Guerra Aréizaga?
Do you have to make your own song? Like no tab what to play? Then i understood the idea wrong... my main language is not english

Synner Endless Summer Collection
So they are free styling over the back track for rhythm too?
Not necessarily, for anyone (rhythm or lead) who doesn't feel confident writing or improvising we will write something for them to learn.

For those who want to write, they can write a part or do a little improv, but there are guidelines so that the track is cohesive and nobody clashes with anybody. I will make a very detailed post about it, but first we will do the audition.
I'm writing that post right now.

Reactions: Kim and idssdi

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Alrighty. I'm only asking cause if that's the case I dont want to get tooo far ahead. Cause if I do improv over the video and like something I do I'd want to keep it but obviously if they do a part it may not fit. So I wont think too much into it til I know who I'm working with.

One thing I also wanted to say.. these rhythm players may wanna try to add a small part to a dual melody if the solo calls for it. I dont see any real issue with that. Hell you could pretend both are the lead but know yourself one was you lol just something to think about going forward.

Reactions: AGA
Synner Endless Summer Collection