• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

DSL40c problems

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Ed will for sure offer his great advice but in the meantime, let me have a go at it! So since it seems that you haven't touched anything on the inside and that it's not the tubes, I would suspect it could be the volume pot so what could be done is to clean it up. Sometimes dust or whatever builts in and it can cause problems like this. I sort of have the same issue on one of my guitars but again, that's just an idea!

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Radu hitting fast and hard with it, and it's exactly what I would have said. Some dirt or dust in the volume pot. With the amp off, hit it with some canned air, and maybe pull the knob off, spray some contact cleaner into the barrel, and then twist the knob all the way up and down several times to loosen things up.

After than, put the volume back where you usually keep it, power on, and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Ashley Willis

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Georgia, USA
    Radu hitting fast and hard with it, and it's exactly what I would have said. Some dirt or dust in the volume pot. With the amp off, hit it with some canned air, and maybe pull the knob off, spray some contact cleaner into the barrel, and then twist the knob all the way up and down several times to loosen things up.

After than, put the volume back where you usually keep it, power on, and see what happens.
    Will do!

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0