• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Etude request

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I just went through the etudes and figured I could spend like 30 minutes on the etudes each day (5 minutes per etude) when my Christmas break is over, like do 30 minutes on gypsy, 30 minutes on the etudes, 30 minutes on whatever metal minute I want to do and an hour's jamming some things.

While going through the etudes I noticed there isn't one on Hybrid picking, I'm honestly not sure whether Syn uses Hybrid picking a lot but is there a plan of adding some on those? It's definetely not a priority but I was wondering since I'd like to add those to my technique practice aswell.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Why do you need 30 minutes for a one minute clip? Unless you practice before hand but i thought that was the whole point unedited minute.
    So If I Challenge you to Play "through the fire & flames" you would only need one Minute total to record a Metal Minute? :D

While going through the etudes I noticed there isn't one on Hybrid picking, I'm honestly not sure whether Syn uses Hybrid picking a lot but is there a plan of adding some on those? It's definetely not a priority but I was wondering since I'd like to add those to my technique practice aswell.
    I'd Love to See Lessons on that!

Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Why do you need 30 minutes for a one minute clip? Unless you practice before hand but i thought that was the whole point unedited minute.
    I can't learn one minute of a Bach piece or little wing in 30 minutes. The 30 minutes stand for practicing so you at least can get a decent take when you record it. Unedited is something completely different than unpracticed

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Oh so you are learning it from scratch. I wasnt sure if people were doing it that way or if they just jammed a song like ed did.
    I usually do, sometimes I do already know the song and it takes me like 5 minutes to do it. I also usually pick a suited spot to stop playing and sometimes that's after like 3 minutes or so instead of a minute and it takes a bit longer to get down good enough

Synner Endless Summer Collection