• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favourite guitarists ?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Randy Rhoads
    Criss Oliva (Savatage)
    Adrian Smith (Maiden)
    Chris DeGarmo and Mike Wilton (Queensryche)
    Frank Hannon and Tommy Skeoch (Tesla)
    Keith Douglas (Tora Tora)
    Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme)
    George Lynch
    Syn
    Vai and Satch

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Besides Syn? Right now these are the ones I'd say I take the most influence from.

John Petrucci
    Rabea Massaad
    Jason Richardson
    Buckethead
    Guthrie Govan
    Charles Caswell
    Will Swan

Each masters of the craft in their own unique way beyond just setting a "play all the notes" speedrun.

Upvote 0

Kyle Roberts

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Synyster gates the 2010 era when I first heard afterlife and bat country were the first times I decided I had to pickup a guitar and I always thought the eye shadow lines he did were kinda cool lol. The chaotic and melodic lines he comes up with have always been a hook for me in music.

Dimebag for just the absolute brutal play style he had and an overall joy for life and playing guitar. I don’t want to be a copy of another player but if I could emulate his play style I would be more than happy

James hetfield for his crushing riffs and his overall stage presence when he plays live. If I ever start playing shows I’d aspire to do something like he has or in a similar way without guitar Corey Taylor when he does his acoustic sets, after trying to learn to play and sing it’s added a whole new level of respect and appreciation for those guys and what they do.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0