• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Figuring out a guitar part by ear, having trouble

anttofm

Free Bird Player
Dec 21, 2021
This song has no live recording, music video, guitar tab or guitar cover online, so I've been relying solely on my ear to figure it out.

There's a part that the Guitarist (named you) plays that has completely stumped me. Here's the part for reference:

(around 1:01-1:04)

This guy is also one of the top 10 best guitarists in Japan so I'm not exactly beating myself up for not being able to play it, haha. Can someone help me figure out how he plays this?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

MAKALUKKEN

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
This song has no live recording, music video, guitar tab or guitar cover online, so I've been relying solely on my ear to figure it out.

There's a part that the Guitarist (named you) plays that has completely stumped me. Here's the part for reference:

This guy is also one of the top 10 best guitarists in Japan so I'm not exactly beating myself up for not being able to play it, haha. Can someone help me figure out how he plays this?
try playing the 2nd fret on the G and B string in a sweep motion, while pulling off from the 5th on the B 🤠

AndrewH444

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Aug 3, 2022

Grab your guitar and play the second string seventh fret. Keep listen to the song and try to follow his line from the moving around the fret board. You’ll get it man!!! It takes a bunch of time but it’s worth it!

Reactions: Ian _Invader

Ian _Invader

Music Theory Bragger
  • Feb 5, 2021
    Schoolcraft Michigan
    It starts at about 1:01 and lasts for like, 2 seconds
    It sounds like they are using natural harmonics over the neck. EVH did this a lot and that's the first thing I thought of. I would definitely watch EVH harmonics on the neck vids on YouTube to really grasp this. The other part sounds like a standard pentatonic weedly haha.
    Hope this helps : )

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Decided to take a crack at this. I downloaded the song and stuck it in reaper, halved the speed, and eq'd a bit to make it a bit easier to hear the guitar. Currently I'm tuned to E Standard. 2544 pattern is palm muted. * Signifies natural harmonics. The 76567 pattern I interpreted as a sweep.
    Idk what to name this.png

Synner Endless Summer Collection