• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Great way to strengthen your pinky finger

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
If you are struggling with your pinky finger while playing I know a fun and efficient way to strengthen it. Try playing the Shepherd of Fire riff by A7X where you only use your index and pinky finger. You will also have to bend the string with your pinky but trust me after a while you will see the difference. This is how I started using my pinky finger and that riff really helped me. Hopefully it will help you guys also!

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Also, the beginning of the Hail to the King solo and leads in the verses too I’m pretty sure Syn picks the whole thing, which is actually tough to do accurately in the beginning but good riffage to make an exercise out of!..especially for hand synchronization Playing it with hammer ons and pull offs makes for a good exercise too

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I personally learned my self to Pretty much fret the 1st note with my index,2nds note with my Middleton finger, 3rd note with my ring finger and the 4th note withet my pinky. That did the trick for me. Another thing That works is learning the Crazy train solo and do the pull offs with your pinky

G

One way that helped me was a trill drill. On any fret/string, trill the following finger combos as fast as you can for 20 sec.
1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4
The next day, or later in your practice, reverse the order (3-4, 2-4, 2-3, etc).