• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Happy Vets Day! (And a cool meme)

TreSavedge

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 25, 2019
    St Louis, MO
    I know it's a day late (and at least a dollar short these days). But being dollars short, I was busy getting my free meals at Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebees yesterday so. even less active on the forums than usual.
    But anyway, Happy Dog Gone Vets Day to all who served!!!

On a personal note, serving in USMC 07-15 is actually quite responsible for me being an A7X junkie. I can't think of veterans day and my time serving without thinking of A7X because they were in alot of ways the soundtrack to that generation.

The songs MIA and Gunslinger got a lot of us through those times, and the WTF/CoE/White Album/Diamonds/Nightmare albums were huge among my platoon those days. I remember on the live at the LBC video before Gunslinger, M Shadows says (and I paraphrase for easier to understand meaning) "whether you believe in the wars or not this goes out to everyone serving". Not to be political but just for context: even within the troops the opinion on that decade was very divided as far as foreign policy goes. So it was nice to know that my favorite band at the time was thoughtful enough to have our backs and dedicate some songs to that generation (their generation). Everyone from the devoutly committed career soldier to the young kid who started questioning things but wanted to honorably serve the time that they swore an oath to serve much appreciated that. I was already a fan by WTF so when City and White Album dropped with those tracks it made us feel like somebody was thinking of us and strengthened my connection to their music.

Side Note: Those songs still hold up and always will. Gunslinger is the ultimate underrated power ballad of A7X and MIA is the masterpiece song and the solo that everyone is still trying to learn lol. I think of all the A7X 10-20 minute long back-end of-the-album tracks, I'd put it as their best right after 'Save Me'.

Lastly, here's my favorite military meme and a snapshot of how life was for a lot of us serving in our 20s
    124889135_10104010603390828_7582711449287544393_n.jpg

Last edited:
    T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I know it's a day late (and at least a dollar short these days). But being dollars short, I was busy getting my free meals at Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebees yesterday so. even less active on the forums than usual.
    But anyway, Happy Dog Gone Vets Day to all who served!!!

On a personal note, serving in USMC 07-15 is actually quite responsible for me being an A7X junkie. I can't think of veterans day and my time serving without thinking of A7X because they were in alot of ways the soundtrack to that generation.

The songs MIA and Gunslinger got a lot of us through those times, and the WTF/CoE/White Album/Diamonds/Nightmare albums were huge among my platoon those days. I remember on the live at the LBC video before Gunslinger, M Shadows says (and I paraphrase for easier to understand meaning) "whether you believe in the wars or not this goes out to everyone serving". Not to be political but just for context: even within the troops the opinion on that decade was very divided as far as foreign policy goes. So it was nice to know that my favorite band at the time was thoughtful enough to have our backs and dedicate some songs to that generation (their generation). Everyone from the devoutly committed career soldier to the young kid who started questioning things but wanted to honorably serve the time that they swore an oath to serve much appreciated that. I was already a fan by WTF so when City and White Album dropped with those tracks it made us feel like somebody was thinking of us and strengthened my connection to their music.

Side Note: Those songs still hold up and always will. Gunslinger is the ultimate underrated power ballad of A7X and MIA is the masterpiece song and the solo that everyone is still trying to learn lol. I think of all the A7X 10-20 minute long back-end of-the-album tracks, I'd put it as their best right after 'Save Me'.

Lastly, here's my favorite military meme and a snapshot of how life was for a lot of us serving in our 20s
    View attachment 2132
    I absolutely LOVED hearing your story. Thank you so much for what you did. You couldn't have said that any better. I'm glad you got to enjoy some free meals!! And that meme... OMG🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Alicia Willis