• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

how do I create harmonies

Synner Endless Summer Collection

felipe andres

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Synyster gates andronikos solo, syn master class solo, iron maiden danced of death, iron maiden blood brothers.
there are enough good harmonies in these songs, they are all in songsterr, you can realize that there is a pattern of repeating some notes.
Yo no hablo ingles, todo esto fue traductor google xD

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    The Iron Maiden Method is mostly to write the melody and then play it identically five frets lower. That’s also known as “harmony for dudes who don’t know theory.” It works really well in some cases (see “Iron Maiden discography”) and not so well in others. It’s a start, while you learn theory and counterpoint and stuff.

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Buddy, you wanna learn? Create a melody so I can show you a few things. I could make one for you, but I want you to put a little effort and creativity into it. Im happy to show you all kinds of things, but you have to work a bit like everyone that wants to get anywhere.

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Oh no worries man, lol Im not mad or anything. Learning this stuff just takes a lot of personal effort and self exploration. Its one of those things where someone can show you the door, but you have to walk through it. Also once you learn, its something that you kind of “own” at that point and you just get to have fun with it! The sooner you take the time to start learning it, the sooner you start becoming a better musician.

G

I putting it up please remember this is not by any means a good quality video and I was kinda nervous doing this for the first time I messed up at the beginning missing the notes also at about 40 seconds in that’s what I did for the harmony tell me what I’m doing wrong and what would you do with it 🙂