• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I have a questions about festivals

Richard O'connor

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
This might be a stupid question but hey ho. Ive been to a few festivals, and i’m going to download festival again this summer. Get to see avenged headlining!. My question is how to bands, especially when headlining sound check? I imagine when they play their own tour shows they can sound check during the day but with festivals there is a quick turn around. Just wondering how they get such a good sound so quickly

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I went to Rock im Park a few years ago (I want to go this year again) and all bands had there soundcheck right before there stage time. The headliner have a hour before there set and all other bands have only half an hour at RIP. It’s kind of a really quick soundcheck and sometimes the sound isn’t that good especially outdoor. Breaking Benjamin were mixed terribly. Ben’s voice was really quiet but I still liked there set.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Just like @Jen said, the soundcheck happens between the band changes and is like 10 to 15 minutes long from what I experienced. Sometimes that makes for a horrible sound depending on where you stand. I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Rock am Ring in one of the front rows and the sound from there was so horrible that I could barely hear anything else than bass.