• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

It's hard out here for a lefty……

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Just like it’s hard out here for a pimp! I know that I cant be the ONLY lefty out there. We got any more out there? If so, sound off! And even better yet, post a video showing us all how lefty you REALLY are!
Here’s a video of me covering Guthrie Govan’s “country road” solo!
Guthrie Govan – Country Road Solo

Gerben

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Maybe you should’ve started on a right handed guitar, I think it wouldn’t have made a difference in the learning process. Then you ofc have the benefit of being able to use waaaaaaay more guitars.

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah I started on a righty guitar as well! I was super lucky because my first guitar was a right handed Gibson SG, which I strung backwards. It was a great guitar, with a super chunky neck so it had a great tone and made every other guitar so much easier to play. The one thing that really sucked about it was that the jack was in the front and so were the 4 knobs and they constantly hurt my arm. No good. It is ROUGH being lefty though, in my years and years of playing, Ive only gotten to play a handful of nice guitars. Like I said, its hard out here for a lefty!

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Btw, I also have a theory that its better to learn the opposite of what you would normally play. As a lefty, if I played right handed, my left hand would be the fretting hand which does most of the work. Just like righties should maybe play left handed? Especially when youre just starting out, it really doesnt matter which way you play since you dont have the mechanical ability yet. Whatever you learn on will become the comfortable way to play. Just a thought.

Synner Endless Summer Collection